|Home||Site Map||About Us||How to use||Reports||Registration|
APUSpecial Lecture on Development Strategy by Motoo Kusakabe
|13. Preparation of Country Presentation (Group Study)|
|What do we learn?||Reading Suggestions|
Each country presentation should include the following components (but we welcome the creative way to make a presentation. You can focus on some components or add other component)
Total time for presentation is 30 minutes maximum (every member should have a clear idea of time alocated to his/her component.
1. Country overview:
- What is the current per capita GDP, poverty, and major human development indicators (literacy, child mortality, etc)? How these levels compare with comparator countries?
- How was the past history of economic growth? Any down-turn or upturn of growth? What do you think the reason behind such development?
2. Investment & Savings
- It is better to have a graph to show the historical development of investment/ratio, savings ratio and DGP per capita growth rate,
- What is the result of the Granger test of causality?
- Any policies to increase savings and investments?
3. Trade and Exports
- Graph to show the historical development of export/GDP ratio and GDP per capita growth
- When the country took a major liberalization of trade and why?
- Did the liberalization have any meaningful impact on growth and industrial development?
- If there is still trade restriction remain, what are they?
- What is the prospect of future trade policy?
4. Education/Human Capital
- Describe very briefly the trend of educational indicators. What kind of educational reform did the country take in the recent years?
- What is the result of the granger test of causality?
- Which level of education the government should put priority?
- Compare innovation indicators with comparator countries. which are is relatively advanced and which areas are lagging behind?
- Can you find any articles describing the total factor productivity growth of the country?
- Describe the government policies to promote innovation?
- What type of national innovation system the country should follow?